“The most terrifying words in the English language are: I’m from the government and I’m here to help.”
– Ronald Reagan
This quote is from Ronald Reagan from one of his many speeches.
Who is Ronald Reagan ?:
- He is considered one of the most practical Presidents of the United States
- The only President known for turning government-bashing into an art form
- He understood, better than most politicians, the importance of trust with verification for federal funding
- He was concerned that government was becoming more of a hindrance than a help
The big idea here is:
- government oversight for federally funded projects is challenging
- documenting construction projects for government oversight can be expensive
- the more the government is involved, the more complicated the project becomes.
Here’s how this applies to us and federal funding compliance:
- Even the people at the top of the government totem pole understand how challenging your life becomes when they are involved
So, let’s put this into action:
- Develop a system that documents all the decisions made during the project
- Create a uniform way to collect progress data
- Write down and archive all your project milestone acceptance
- Use a standard process to document potential change orders and approved deviations
- Make sure you have an auditable paper trail (or electronic system) that you can rely on at the end of the project
Hey, by the way…
If you seriously want to put this whole process on steroids, take a couple of minutes to “Get a Hands-On Tour of the Industry’s Only Battle-Tested and Easy-to-Use Construction Management Tool!” this purpose-built online tool, Construction Management Information System (CMIS), is what all construction managers need! Grab it here: https://c-mis.com/demo. This makes it easy for you to get a push-button simple system that does all the heavy lifting of document control and project reporting without worrying about security, training, or costly support.
Introducing the Master of Project Delivery: Bradley Waldrop
As a construction manager, you already know the importance of successful project delivery. That’s why I wrote “12 Critical Project Delivery Mistakes Every Construction Manager Must Avoid” – to help you simplify project delivery, dramatically reduce claims, and close-out projects quickly. With 33 years in the business, I understand the challenges you face, and I’m here to guide you through them.
With over $8 Billion in constructed heavy-civil improvements under my belt, and having worked on 5 once-in-a-lifetime high-profile projects, I have the experience and expertise to help you navigate the complexities of project delivery. As a Registered Civil Engineer, best-selling author, AGC trainer, and partnering facilitator known as the “Project Whisperer,” I am uniquely qualified to help construction managers like you reach your goals.
So, what are you waiting for? Dive into “12 Critical Project Delivery Mistakes Every Construction Manager Must Avoid” and start transforming your project delivery process today. Trust me, you won’t want to miss out on the invaluable insights and strategies that will take your projects to the next level. Let’s get started!